Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electrical Oil Pressure Gauge on a 1985 5.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my '90 351 car, as a cheap hack, I used an iron pipe nipple (maybe 3" long) and tee (couldn't find a factory extension). I threaded the sender in one end of the tee, and the factory sender in the other.

It wasn't as good as the factory extension (have one on my white car), but its lasted 8 years without an issue.

I want to say someone had one of these snap from harmonics, but I'm not sure. Keep the pipe nipple as short as possible if you go this route. Removing the oil filter provides better access, too.

The port in the block is 1/4" NPT thread, and the fitting is 1/8" NPT.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I raided a hardware store for 1/4 npt stuff...

original post: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post609829

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
      X