MY Lincoln has an ALARM?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY Lincoln has an ALARM?!?!?

This morning I was getting crap out of my car fom thebackseat, when the car started beeping, I tried to turn the ignition on, brake pedal, pull the fuse, but nothing. ..Still kept on beeping for like 2-3 minutes (maybe more). I know the car has an alarm light on the dash, but never knew it had an alarm,,,its weird!!
    "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
    -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
    -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
    -2011 Subaru Outback

It was optional. If it works like the Mark VII alarm, you arm it by pressing 7/8 and 9/0 on the keypad with the door open, then closing the door. Use the keyless entry code or the key to unlock the door and disarm it. The problem with it is the door switches inside the door latch often get flaky and the alarm might set itself off. I can't use the one on the Mark for that reason. I suppose I could dig into the latch and figure out what ails the switch, but frankly I don't feel motivated to fool with it.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

My 89 had the alarm. Flaky door switch caused middle of the night tripping. Neighbors weren't amused.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Thing is, i don't know what i did fo rit to do that
        I gues I will try "arming it". What is supposed to set the alarm off?

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
        -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

usually pulling up on one of the door handles. I don't think its got shock sensors or anything like that. It also will disable the start circuit if its not properly disarmed.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

by disarming it you will just enter the code to unlock it, right?

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
            -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

or unlock with the key, yes.

Comment

Working...
              X