X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

latest Consumer reports battery review.

This is specific to group 65.
    The ranking is by performance

#1 Kirkland Signature 12866 (costco) $85. The cheapest and best. I have one in the Marauder. It sits December to April and always starts right up. Also the best warranty of of the 9 rated batteries (36/100)

#2 Diehard Gold 50865 (sears/kmart) $145

#3 Diehard Advanced Gold 50765 $175

#4 Everstart Maxx-55 (walmart) $100 available in the South

#5 to # 9 are not recommended by the testers.

#5 NAPA 8465 $85

#6 Diehard Gold 50965 $145 available in the south

#7 Interstate Megatron II Mt-65 $120 (the green top)

#8 Plus Start 51265 $110 (sears/kmart)

#9 Diehard 50365 $125

They did not review

Optima which is usually very good or best but very expensive.
    Motorcraft which is usually very good
    Interstate Megatron Plus (the black top) usually very good
    NAPA premium battery which raked high in the past. (have this in the wagon)

Good to think about this before winter sets in.
    Last edited by jaywish; 10-06-2013, 02:25 PM.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

nEverstart made the list? wow.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yea, the southern one to boot.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I read the article too. I was surprised to see the Kirkland Signature as the number one pick. I was also surprised that they did not rate the Motorcraft as they are very good. The Megatron Plus in the past were very good ( I used to be an Interstate dealer).The last two I had lasted just two years. The most recent battery I bought is the Motorcraft. 100 month warranty, 3 year free replacement and 830 cca. $109 at the dealer.

Comment

Rather piss poor testing on CR's part if they left out some of the current big players/common battery sources.
          How many battery brands did they test?

Alex.

Comment

Not sure I would put a lot of trust in these "tests". Got an 8 year battery from Autozone and with their gererous warranty - "it works for me"!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Working...
            X