replace digital clock on 1994 marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replace digital clock on 1994 marquis

Hi, How easy, or difficult, is it to replace the digital clock on a 94 Marquis. Do you have to take the whole dash apart, or can the front panel plate come off easy? Thanks for any ideas. Ed

If what you want to do is replace the clock with another one like it, no problem.
    The front panel comes off easily and the clock is held on by two small screws.
    You'll find screws across the top of the front panel and under the trim strip that runs left and right of the steering column.
    You'll also need to remove the headlight switch nob.
    Then it's just a matter of carefully working it out.

Comment

Thanks, mcninetyone, for that information. I wasn't sure about the panel coming off. Now I know. Thanks, again. Ed

Comment

don't forget the two screws above the instrument cluster. And you'll probably need to lower the gear shift to 2 or 1 to get the panel to clear.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Having trouble trying to get headlite switch off. What to do? Ed

Comment

Looka t the back side of the headlight switch when on. You'll see a piece of metal bent in half. push the metal piece towards the inside of the headlight knob and the knob will come right off.
            -Nick M.
            Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
            03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Thanks, guys, for info. Now I'm concerned about removing the decorative wood strip to get at the bottom screws holding the panel. What's the best way to do this? I don't watch to scatch up things. Ed

Comment

just pull. The short one has clips on each end, the long one has clips all along the way. Wiggle it up and down as you pull to help it come out easier.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                X