Weird acting cruise control on my 86 TC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird acting cruise control on my 86 TC

So my cruise works but not like it should.... When I set it I have to hold the on button in and push the coast button over and over and then it catches and holds perfect. If I hit the set accel button it climbs continually ans the resume done work.... Any ideas... I'll live with it for now unless it's something simple...
    Attached Files

Dirty or worn out switches. They can be removed and some contact cleaner sprayed in them. Can be done on the wheel If you arnt worried about possibly discoloring the wheel trim. Dont remmember if my steering colum stupid thread covered it
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

I'd also remove the steering wheel and clean up the slip rings under it. The buttons connect through what amounts to 3 small motor brushes running on a copper contact ring. If that gets gunked up, things don't act right. Wipe the contacts off with rubbing alcohol and polish them with really fine sandpaper (1000 or finer) or a piece of heavy paper. Don't take much off, just shine them up.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Rings also use a special grease very pricy and not easy to obtain. I will sell a small amount for 5.00 + the ride.
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
        X