'Autopal' H4/H1 headlight conversion on '87 CV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Autopal' H4/H1 headlight conversion on '87 CV

I just received my eBay 'Autopal' H4/H1 headlight conversion housings at the end of last week. They are sold by 'rimiinc' as "165mm H4651 H4656 H1 H4 EURO CONVERSION HEADLIGHTS SET" for $29.95 plus shipping. Two kits are required to complete a vehicle, and they come with bulbs (although I have yet to see how good they are).

They are the Autopal brand, which is apparently well-known in India. The lenses are glass and look similar to sealed-beams, although the lettering on them is a bit awkward. The reflectors/housing are metal and have a nice gel-coat look on the back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20131115_135050small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	310.9 KB
ID:	1301041Click image for larger version

Name:	20131115_135253small.jpg
Size:	285.7 KB
ID:	1301043Click image for larger version

Name:	20131115_135130small.jpg
Size:	357.8 KB
ID:	1301042

I'll post some more pictures of the sets tonight. I plan on installing them in the next week or so.
    RyPow
    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
    2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
    1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
    2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
    2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

unboxing pr0n!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Ill be watching this thread. I wanted to buy some of those off of eBay but wasn't sure of the quality. Didn't even think they would be glass
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

I'll follow this too. I've been toying with some headlight ideas for mine.
        1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

I want halos

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

H4 & H1 is very good. Don't know this brand.
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I had some Hella conversion lights in a 75 benz diesel once with silverstars. Best lights ever. Also your style bulbs, but if memory serves, mine were H3.

Best brakes ever too on that car. Huge JY AMG 690 drilled rotors and twin piston calipers. Bolted right the F on. Helluva find in a JY, I know...

Gotta love those awesome $50 upgrades..
              Last edited by crazyman; 11-19-2013, 03:51 AM.
              Maintaining Grandma's 84 CFI GM for her

Comment

Dear Panthers,
                Don't forget to upgrade the wiring.

Donald McCig

Comment

Working...
                X