No announcement yet.

Replaced the heater core still no Hot air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The foam between the heater core box and the plenum is needed to keep the air from just pushing out behind the dashboard. I think some standard stick-on weatherstripping from the hardware store will fix that one up. You can loosen the top bolts on the firewall side to drop the box down a bit so you can stuff some foam in between the gap.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

hmm that sounds possible and a great idea so i don't have to deal with taking the box out but old man winter reminded me im not even close to being winter ready by unlatching the rod that goes to the door handle on the drivers side and freezing the actuator on the passenger side, im lucky i got keyless entry had to get in through the rear door which is funny because when i first bought this car in the winter it had those exact problems and i replaced both actuators and finally broke the drivers side wiper tranny (it might of had three good teeth swaying the wiper arm so I'm not suprised)

Comment

Originally posted by TroubleMarq View Post
        well i'm right there with you on oversights, i'm gonna head to home depot pick some sort of foam or get that owen corning fiberglass i see that pink panther bragging about and some tape. man i love this site if it wasn't for you guys i'd be lost on all the fixes i attempted this year thanks really!
        DO NOT USE PINK FIBERGLASS INSULATION!!! That shit is for your attic and walls.
        Go to the hardware store, buy a length/roll of 2" wide, approx 1/4" thick stick on foam. That gives full coverage to the width of the core and will tend to stay put. Stick it to the core, not the box.

Alex.

Comment

Unhook the actuator rods if they're freezing up on you. The rubber booties get bad, water gets in, then you get ice and you're screwed. I fixed that problem with mine by not driving it in the winter, and parking it unlocked inside the garage. If one sticks, I can still get in the car, or at least I could until the door got caved in.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Do you have illuminated entry on your car? If you do, make some electrical tape flappers to cover the locks, and it'll keep 99% of the water out and put a virtual stop to the locks & lock solenoids from getting froze up. Works for me.

Alex.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X