Another 'what is it'? Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another 'what is it'? Question

So I lucked out big time and found a 87 Marquis harness already removed at a small country junk yard.
    I'm slowly replacing the broken connectors and cleaning it up and have a small harness I'm not sure what it does (I'm guessing dash but probably so wrong)
    Anyone?
    Thanks
    EB
    Attached Files

Looks like engine top harness. I think I see connectors for the oil pressure, water temp, TPS, EVP, IAC, CTS and possibly the IAT sensors. I don't actually know what year its from, but it looks newer than 87. The big round multi-pin connector looks like something from a 90s car. The connectors look like what an 87 engine needs though if you're just looking for it to become a parts donor piece.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

So all i need is the efi harness and the main harness?
      Alternator I'm wiring from scratch and dash will be digital.

Comment

I'd grab the complete EFI harness from one vehicle. There were changes in plugs from year to year and application to application, and unless you know exactly what this is from, its hard to guess what it will fit up to. It does not look to have the injector connectors, so I'm not quite sure what this is from. It may not be from a panther, but I won't swear to that.

The EFI harness is basically self-contained, but its in 2 major sections. One section is the injection harness itself that sits on top of the motor, plugs into most of the sensors, and ties to the main harness through the black and white plugs. The other is the main harness that goes to the ECM, the relays, and actually goes to the ignition module. There is a small harness for the oxygen sensors as well. The injection system harness won't interface with the dashboard, charging system, lighting system, or really much of anything else. It does tie into the transmission harness, but only for neutral safety switch stuff, and on later vehicles the VSS feed also comes up through that harness. If you remove the EFI harness, the only thing that won't work is the engine itself, and possibly the start circuit depending on how that is wired from year to year.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ok I'm thinking the last question regarding the harness.
          I'm missing 1 or 2 plugs near the ECM plug.
          Attached Files

Comment

Only round plug next to the main ECM connector with heavy wiring is the one out to the fuel pump. The other one might be the tie in from the key switch circuit. I don't have an EVTM out here to reference the colors.

Comment

Anyone got any ideas?

Comment

Working...
              X