Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1984 Grand Marquis to make the Ultimate sacrifice.. Organ donor to senior Ford Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984 Grand Marquis to make the Ultimate sacrifice.. Organ donor to senior Ford Truck

My 1984 Grand Marquis has consented to donate its engine, transmission, electrical system to a tired 1949 Ford F1 truck that need the transplant to survive..

1. I could use suggestiosn to conduct a surgical removal of the parts to facilitate a clean installation of the engine in the donor..
    I need to move everything.. engine, trans, computer, complete wiring harness, AC, Cooling system, Cruise..

2. I want the interior of the truck to remain mostly stock..All cab mounted required GM controls will hidden.. This will be an OEM truck on the surface with the Heart of the GM..

3. The truck Transmission shifter will be a stock, three speed manual column or an antique floor shifter... I'm not sure how to make detentes and shifter length adjustments.

4. The AC system... IT appears that the AC system in the GM is LARGE. I was happy to see that most of the parts are under the hood..
    As the Truck cab space is much smaller and the 1984 system is R12 should I source a system form a more modern FORD... yes I know.. Vintage AIR.. This is a low budget project.. I want to prove a Cool/reliable vehicle can be build with used or low cost/used parts... Frankly I am having a BLast looking for rusty/patina/era correct parts for the truck. I am going for the old/tired/rusty look with the function of reliable/good power/creature features...

5. Does the 1984 Body have any value to the members of this group? It is solid and complete.The body panels have surface rustClick image for larger version

Name:	Grand Marquis.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1301456. Thie interior is cleaner than my daily driver.. It has an amazing 62,000 miles.. It was a GRANDMOTHERS car..

Kenneth
    Tazewell TN
Working...
X