Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sealed Beam Adjuster

87 Mercury Colony Park.

The sealed beam adjuster has broke up top so the lights are shining on the front bumper :-/. On driver side

Someone told me I can buy replacement from Dorman - but no idea where I can find them. Any one know where I can find replacements? The junkyard doesn't have any box panthers in stock.
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

They are usually "on-line" so ask them for the part number.

Dorman gives auto repair professionals and vehicle owners greater freedom to fix cars and trucks by focusing on solutions first.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

You mean the little plastic screw doo-hickey jobs? Winters in Michigan breed dead panthers and right now the pickin's pretty good. Send me or VicCrownVic a pic or two and we can pull exactly what you need.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Yeah, a photo or photos would be helpful. If it is an all plastic piece I would look for a new one as the old one (JY parts) may be in the same shape. All depends upon the part and availability. You may HAVE to go JY!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

I think he's talking about these:
          http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-4937...origin=keyword
          But when I click the "check your fit" button it says that this part will not fit.

Next time I head out on a JY run I can grab a couple if you don't get one by then, but I probably won't be out to the JY until next month.

Edit:
          Here's another link, but the site says that these don't fit either. The first link above looks more like what I remember these looking like but my memory is a little fuzzy.
          http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-2396...origin=keyword
          Last edited by VicCrownVic; 06-11-2015, 01:27 PM.
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
            I think he's talking about these:
            http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-4937...origin=keyword
            But when I click the "check your fit" button it says that this part will not fit.

Next time I head out on a JY run I can grab a couple if you don't get one by then, but I probably won't be out to the JY until next month.

Edit:
            Here's another link, but the site says that these don't fit either. The first link above looks more like what I remember these looking like but my memory is a little fuzzy.
            http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-2396...origin=keyword
            That's why photos would be very useful.

Comment

Those aim adjusters adjusters are what he needs. I had my Hoppys and I was trying to aim his lights, passenger side was fine, but the driver's side ones disintegrated at the top, despite being PB Blasted well prior to attempting to adjust them.

Nick, let me know when you get them and we can try to get them aimed properly. I can also drop you off those cargo springs next time I up there.

My Cars:
              -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
              -1979 Ford LTD Landau (38K Miles) - New Cruiser

-1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
              -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
              -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Working...
              X