No announcement yet.

How to bi-pass low-n-high? '86 MGM Tudor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so today I ordered a new Vac canister for a Ford F150 truck, which is the same as a Lincoln Navagator...........I hope this finally ends this BS!! P/N:F65Z 19A566-AA

Comment

Ok gents not too proud to say.......I had some time on my hands this afternoon so per Sly and others I checked every inch of the vac line......well "hideing" in back of the brake booster a small portion of the line was almost burned in half!!! I had no tape but I did have a roll of dum dum, so I covered the hole in that and the TBLS fitting!!......next week the new vac can should arrive so I will be totally good to go finally!!!
      Originally posted by sly View Post
      should be 1/8 vacuum hose. You can replace it, but if it's not kinked or leaking... that line almost never fails. It's not actually plastic. Not sure what it is, but I've jacked with mine a LOT and it's never become brittle like the other color lines on the emissions crap. I actually prefer that line to vacuum hose. I'd replace the ends if anything at all if they're getting dry and hard/cracked.
      Last edited by Toploader; 09-04-2015, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Glad to see you got it sorted out!!!!
        sigpic
        89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
        13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
        "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

yeah that line runs mostly hidden. Probably laid on something and wore through. Not much gets hot back there, but its not exactly secured to much of anything.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Does anyone have a spare vac line that I can purchase?

This line looks unique............the rubber ends are much larger than the actual line itself, which when I looked closely at, appears to be a tiny rubber hose, encapsulated by the outside plastic like sheath.

Comment

Larry, it ain't over till the fat lady sings...........or the car becomes good to go
              Originally posted by lincolnlarry View Post
              Glad to see you got it sorted out!!!!

Comment

It is amazing the knowledge one gains by simply reading the Ford Volume "H" Engine/Emission manual!! And I quote: " Vacuum hose harnesses consist of nylon hoses....0.150-inch outer diameter and 0.090-inch inner diameter bonded to nylon or rubber connectors. Occasionally, a rubber hose may be connected to the harness. The nylon connectors have rubber inserts to provide a seal between the nylon connector and the component connection (nipple). Use 5/32 inch rubber hose in service.
                should be 1/8 vacuum hose. You can replace it, but if it's not kinked or leaking... that line almost never fails. It's not actually plastic. Not sure what it is, but I've jacked with mine a LOT and it's never become brittle like the other color lines on the emissions crap. I actually prefer that line to vacuum hose. I'd replace the ends if anything at all if they're getting dry and hard/cracked.

Comment

and I was sooo close. I'd just replace with the bulk 1/8 id hose I have on hand. It will stretch the 1/32 difference no problem.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Sly I read it again, and I left out an additional 7/32 inch hose......so either it's 5/32nds or 7/32nds. Yes when I get a channce next week I hope, I'll run to the auto parts house and pick up some......no a/p places left in my area of NYC:-(...Trump bought up all the land LOL :-(
                    and I was sooo close. I'd just replace with the bulk 1/8 id hose I have on hand. It will stretch the 1/32 difference no problem.

Comment

I know the 1/8 will patch any of those nylon lines (which is why I have it) as well as the plastic lines on the EGR stuff.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Is that 1/8" ID or OD?

Comment

I.d.

Comment

I.d.
                            Mucho thanks!! Figured that but needed to make sure.

Comment

Sly do you know the size of the port that goes from this to the vac can?
                              replace the AC check valve at the firewall. Motorcraft YG337. It's not holding vacuum in the system and allowing the vents to drop to the floor. The blower might be limited due to the blend door position due to the lack of vacuum as well.

Comment

It's probably 5/32 ID hose to go over that. Or use the 1/8 hose with some couplers to some of those rubber adapter ends they sell in the HELP section that go from 1/8 to 5/32.

Comment

Working...
                                X