Ignition Control And Start Relays On 1990 Grand Marquis LS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignition Control And Start Relays On 1990 Grand Marquis LS

Does anyone know the location of an ignition control relay or the start relay on a 1990 Grand Marquis LS. Virtually all parts houses show these items as two separate parts and NO we're not talking about the starter solenoid. These relays are similar to the fuel pump,power control,and air conditioner relays mounted on the driver's side inner fender panel. I can't find them on the car and my Hayne's manual is as useless as tits on a boar hog when it comes to stuff like this!

There is no spoon. The ignition is powered from the ignition switch, and the starting circuit runs from there, through the neutral safety switch, to the starter relay next to the battery.

Lincolns with the factory security system did have a couple of extra relays to keep the engine from running, though I don't know what exactly they were called. Pretty sure that was a Lincoln-specific deal though.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
    X