134a conversion questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Panthers,
    With electric fans and 3 cell radiator and rebuilt compressor the 134a Shooting Brake did fine at 80 Interstae MPH, 100 degrees. Nebraska. The wagon's got more space to cool and that was the upper limit.

Donald

Comment

I can hang meat in my 88 with the e-fans and 2-core radiator and stock everything else with the R134a conversion. The e-fans really help. It takes 20-30 minutes in the august heat to really freeze you out (mainly your feet because I have not re-sealed all of the ducts and the foam seals are all dead beyond dead).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I keep thinking about adding a pusher fan. The underdrive pullies really screw with my airflow, and the compressor runs slower at idle too. An aux fan would help but won't be a magic pill.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
          I'd like to see how my 90 GM fairs converted with the stock parts during a Texas summer.
          Last year I converted my 88 Colony Park sw to R134 at the local mechanics' for $200.

Comment

Working...
          X