No announcement yet.

-- Audio Upgrades Thread --

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would give a thumbs down to that Blaupunkt. It seems pretty stripped, with only three EQ presets. I don't even think it has a manually-adjustable EQ. Plus, only 2v preouts?

The JVC head unit I just burned out had five EQ presets, a manual bass/treble adjuster, and a single 2.5v preout. And it was only $120.

And thanks for the thumbs-up, danbran... I'm very pleased with the head unit so far; it does everything I could want.

Comment

HU: Pioneer Ph3600 W/ Sub out

Speakers: Sony Xplod 3way 6x9 and 6x8's

Sub: 2 Rockford Fosgate 10's

Amp: 200w Jensen Amp from circa 1996
      R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
      Originally posted by MeanVic84
      Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

4 inch alpine type s front
        6x9 alpine type r rear
        aiwa junk ass head unit

and when I really wanna hear sweet music, i let my pipes sing.
        1989 Grand Marquis LS
        flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Hey nitroracer Blaupinkt does make a decent head unit. I would really reccomend going for somethign higher up though. spending an extra $50-75 does make a world of difference. But it also really depends on what type of music you listen to at that. Deffinatley look for somethign with maybe a 3v preout. or shop around and try some other decks out maybe Pioneer, Eclipse and Kenwood all have decent decks at great prices. Best bet is go into bestbuy or a car audio place and throw one of your cds in a deck and mess around with it, make sure you like the controls and the sound it gives out aswell.
          1992 GrandMarquis LS
          The boat with the sound.

Comment

I am happy with the pioneer I have now, I was just trying to find something newer with a 1/8" input so I don't have to carry all my cd's around anymore. Thanks for the info.
            -Matt
            1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Working...
            X