No announcement yet.

Speakers in rear doors: yes/no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting depth for the dash is like, nothin'.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

i have 5.25 in my front dash.
      i pulled the pad, cut out where the speakers were going by marking the grille of the speaker on the dash to know where it fit according to the windshield. after i traced the grille, i pulled the pad out, marked holes for the speaker and measured the speaker diameter. i than started cutting. i fastened down the speakers, and wired them while holding the dash on my lap in the car.

if i remember right it was wire reinforced fiberglass crap under the foam. i have taken pics of my subs, 6x9s in the rear...but have yet to get pics of my fronts. they are right up against the windshield. it was a tight fit getting the speakers and pad back in after being mounted. i dont like those speakers i have in my dash because they are acting like the coils fried. i have other speakers in Deuce that i used just as hard, and they still sound like new. plus they light up.
      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

i wish cars still had crank windows... way less problems

oh and the sorny xplod speakers are chintsey

Comment

to hell with mounting subs in the doors, that is why we have a huge trunk. This is just something I threw together to hold me over. I am thinking of adding another 12" sub and redoing the whole inclouser. Of course there is always the matter of .
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
            crank? silly base models

I agree man!

Comment

Working...
            X