head unit install in a 90-91

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I would have read this sooner!

Destroyed the stock radio getting it out, then the wire harness don't fit because of premium sound.

I'll have to hunt down the right connector tomarrow
    70 F250 Camper Special
    77 Ltd
    81 Tbird
    85 Grand Marquis

Comment

that is why i use only the power harness for aftermarket stereos and run new speaker line to new speakers i install. you have to special order the premium sound connector or be lucky if a stereo install place has it.
      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

So to touch on this I am bypassing my stock stereo to keep it in place since it is still functional and looks cool to apear stock. I am mounting a cd player in an NES case and wiring a hot positive through the original on/off switch. then we are taking the remote and wiring it into an NES controller I.E. left is skip back right is FF up is play and down is stop. The wiring will exit the rear of the case through heat shrink black wire coating.
        Thought it was a cool idea. Just got to finish it.
        sigpicwww.myspace.com/reverendrevival

Comment

What's involved in the installation of a new deck, wiring-wise? Unplug the wiring harness from the old and plug it into the new one?
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Working...
          X