No announcement yet.

Looking at head units...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a bit old, but it will suffice. Most Denon units aren't for looks, I will tell you that. Quality stuff though. It is a SQ HU basically. I would advise using amps for speakers too.

Comment

If it's "not for looks", that's ideal--that means it won't look like it belongs in a spaceship.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

There is a pretty crappy pic of it, torquelover can you confirm?

Comment

And torquelover, if you see this...you have PM.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by saiyaneye View Post

There is a pretty crappy pic of it, torquelover can you confirm?
            Yes, that is a crappy pic of it :smirk:. And yes, that's it. I have a JVC El Kameleon in the car now. It sounds awful, and it looks like I'm in a club. You can dial out some of the light effects, but still horrible. This is why the Vic is now stereoless.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
              my kenwoods have been sucking pretty bad lately.....time to try pioneer or jvc or panasonic......i havent had a pioneer since the super tuner that came with my 84 vic.
              I think I fixed the one in the car. There was a cover thing behind the faceplate that was held on with sticky tape. The tape wasn't sticky anymore, and the plate was getting jammed up. I took it off and it opens and closes properly now. Was also trying to kill the whine, I have some ideas for that but I'm pretty sure its ignition noise. Gonna see if the coil bracket is actually grounded, that might be the whole problem.

I also like the looks of that Denon. Not tacky looking.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'm also starting to very seriously consider that refurbed Pioneer unit that saiyeneye pointed out. That one is new for all intents and purposes, and comes with a warranty. Not the greatest looking, but I'm starting to figure out that coming up with something good looking is pretty tough.

At this point, it's between that and the Denon.

Comment

nate I thougt you wanted something with a aux in

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                  302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                  k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

This one here is pretty good-looking, if only it worked: http://cgi.ebay.com/Rockford-Fosgate...ayphotohosting
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I'm saying Alpine...the ones I have seen were plain black with CD mp3 and sub out with an Aux jack I would use the Aux to hook up an mp3 player like an I pod or something similar. PLUS alpine has very good sound much better then the pioneer's I have heard. But you also want to consider speaker's and woofer's...dont ever cheap out when it comes to that stuff you will forever regret it. I have upped the sound quality of even stock head units just by putting aftermarket speakers in it
                      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Bought this Pioneer today:

Bought those speakers and amp last night...gotta get me a wiring kit now and then I'll be set.

Comment

Nice, and with MP3 playback capability! What kind of amp and speakers did you get?

Comment

It's all Power Acoustik brand stuff...here's the specifics:

Comment

Got the wiring kit...about 20 bucks shipped.

Buy 8 Gauge 2 Channel Car Audio Subwoofer Amplifier Installation Kit. KnuKonceptz Amp Kits include Battery Power Wire, RCA Cable, Speaker Wire and Fuse Holder

Comment

damn...what kinda wiring kit did you get??? just the wires to plug the stereo in??? you could have gotten that at wal-mart for $10. i just got done installing Donnas stereo. home for an hour and then installed. i made a couple mods, but looks better like it was made there. it isnt sunk in any either. needs to get pics up if she dont mind.
                                Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Working...
                                X