• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by over2tonsofFun View Post
    Gotta love JLs.

JL Audio 8w6 x4

Tim
    Sorry to say, in 2002 the 8w6 was discontinued. the 8W7 outperforms the old W6
    8" subwoofer
    300 watts RMS (I have pushed one to 500 watts with no problems)
    17 lbs
    the thing can push alot of air for its size. just as good as a good 12" sub
    We all make mistakes.......... That’s why paste is edible!

Comment

Got my 1994 mercury sable tape player with 4 stock ford speakers

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by AudioPro View Post
        Sorry to say, in 2002 the 8w6 was discontinued. the 8W7 outperforms the old W6
        8" subwoofer
        300 watts RMS (I have pushed one to 500 watts with no problems)
        17 lbs
        the thing can push alot of air for its size. just as good as a good 12" sub
        I know that the 8w6 is gone. I still have ones I got in 1995. still work great. no one said you have to use brand new stuff.
        The 8w6 is also rated at 300 watts. I have run one with 600 not a problem. JLs are very underrated. I am actually W7 certified by JL.
        Tim
        Last edited by over2tonsofFun; 12-24-2007, 09:35 PM.
        2000 Ford Crown Victoria
        84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
        85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
        89 Lincoln town car: RIP
        89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
        1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
        1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
        2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Comment

Originally posted by over2tonsofFun View Post
          I know that the 8w6 is gone. I still have ones I got in 1995. still work great. no one said you have to use brand new stuff.
          The 8w6 is also rated at 300 watts. I have run one with 600 not a problem. JLs are very underrated. I am actually W7 certified by JL.
          Tim
          thats good you still have some old w6's. down here subs don't last more than 10 years (heat). Not meny are W7 cert. did you go to JL? I had to spend 2 hours at JL to learn everything (subs, speakers, amps, cleansweep)
          We all make mistakes.......... That’s why paste is edible!

Comment

We had a training seminar down in Denver, I would have loved to visit JL in FL.

Tim
            2000 Ford Crown Victoria
            84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
            85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
            89 Lincoln town car: RIP
            89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
            1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
            1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
            2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Comment

Jus a THOUGHT, how much work would it be to fit a MTX Jackhammer in me trunk.....been yearnin to fit a 18" in there....but oh well....and btw, anyone know anything about Cyclone Audio? I have a 10" subwoofer from them, the magnet says 4ohm, 1,000w and CW109 on it and thats all....also its chrome and black, with flames embossed in the cone....has served me well....as I only have a 200w amp an the Headunit powering it, I found a 900w amp new for $124.99...have to get it and see the difference....I will post some pics as soon as I can get the wifeys camera...lol

-Wes
              sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

Comment

Alpine deck
                stock speakers
                1000 watt kenwood amp
                Alpine type R sub

Comment

90 vic stereo

my car is a 90 vic with 2 12" boston G5's, custom boxes, volfenhaug 6x9's, 1200 watt california amp on the rears, and 2 2400 watt amps for the subs. 13" LCD with X-Box and X-Box 360 with 200 watt kenwood amp. i custom built the boxes to fit in the "wasted" space in the trunk. they are 1 cu ft each. All amps have been custom painted candy purple. blue neons and trunk light have also been installed. the deck is a Kenwood.
                  Attached Files
                  What happened here?

Comment

There is a lot of metal in between my trunk and my back seat (obviously), so i'm putting up a 1500 watt RMS Cadence Daytona series twelve up where my spare tire used to be, with a 1500 watt rms digital audio amplifier. Cadence 6/9's, cadence 3.5's in the dash, Hertz 6.5's in the door with a 4 channel OZ 50.4 to power them.

Head unit is a panasonic CQ-C7205U, which can play mp3 cd's at 360 kps quality...

Comment

Stock, and more stock. No CD player, no Cassette, no bullshit. I would LOVE to have a Vic with a radio delete.

PS. my music is the 302 cubic inches under my hood.
                      -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                      -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Originally posted by 87DeuceVic View Post
                        Stock, and more stock. No CD player, no Cassette, no bullshit. I would LOVE to have a Vic with a radio delete.

PS. my music is the 302 cubic inches under my hood.
                        I had a radio delete in mine for a while (I made the block off plate). Then I put gauges in the opening. Then, I got sick of just listening to the 351 through Flowmaster 40's (...well, maybe not...). But, I did put the radio in the glovebox, so it still looks like I have a radio delete.

I bought a package from Circuit City (the head unit and speakers). It was all Sony stuff, and it has served me well. I can't see spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a system (stereo system...I need to make that distinction) for a car that is valued at $500, on a good day. I can't see spending alot on audio (let alone visual), in any car. Put a nice system in your house; you more than likely spend more time there anyway.
                        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
                        X