Power Antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    . I went to the junkyard with my dad and his jumper box.
    Shouldn't you have been in school?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

the future of america...

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

When mine went out I just went & bought a new one & hooked it strait to my after market sterio. I don't have the switch hooked up to anything .......YET :evil:

Now as soon as the radio turns on it goes up & then if I put in a cd or remove the face plate it goes down. Lastly if the car is off it is down aoutmaticly. No need for a switch.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          Shouldn't you have been in school?
          Um, no. Spring Break. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Mbanjura View Post
            When mine went out I just went & bought a new one & hooked it strait to my after market stereo

Now as soon as the radio turns on it goes up & then if I put in a cd or remove the face plate it goes down. Lastly if the car is off it is down aoutmaticly. No need for a switch.
            How'dya do it?

Comment

spring break when I was in HS was good friday and easter monday. Quit slacking.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                spring break when I was in HS was good friday and easter monday. Quit slacking.
                I'm not slacking, it's not my idea, though I can't really complain.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                  How'dya do it?

I just hooked up the blue line on the new antenna to the Blue line marked "Amp / Power antenna" coming from the back of the radio. I ended up running the cables throught the inner fender under the dash & right up to the Disc changer. Then up to the radio.

I have a 10 diac changer that hooks up to the antenna.
                  sigpic

Comment

what years work for the power antennas... i am looking on ebay and only see one antenna that would work for 1986-1991... all others i see are for 1992 - 1997. i am in need of 2 of the masts.
                    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...ehicleQ5fParts Here you go. You're gonna need a 15mm deep socket to remove the mast, after you remove the chrome around the opening that is. I hope the antenna works so you don't have to go ripping apart stuff to get that white cord out.

Comment

ummm... i noticed that they had only 1 setup like that mast for 86-91... my question is what years work since they have a few other masts on there for the 92 - 97 that are cheaper. my question to be more specific, is will the 92 - 97 masts work???
                        Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

depends, if they're the same size, length, mounting style, and use the same kind of cable that the older ones use.

Comment

Working...
                          X