No announcement yet.

radio wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's certainly possible but wiring wise I'm not sure how you'd work it out because of the shared ground mess. However, I'm sure you're skill & know-how is much better than mine so you could probably work it out. Any reason you'd want to ditch the amp?

For the longest I wasn't sure if I had a 2 or 4 channel amp. I finally figured out the non-digital Premium's had the 4 (probably because they had much lower RMS output), which was probably when they amp was under the center of the dash. The more powerful digital Premium Sound stereos only needed power to the front door and dash speakers and the amp was moved to the trunk. The amp is better off in the trunk anyhow because that dash gets some serious heat and sun.
    sigpic
    1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
    Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

i only use power harness to power the radio and rune new speaker lines to new speakers. most of these cars use a common ground speaker wiring setup.
      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Working...
      X