No announcement yet.

Replacment Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a unit with an AUX port and the knobs that actually detach from the unit itself to mount in ANY slot like that ....BUT it is smaller and you would have to make a small piece to make it look right....But the knobs and the radio would be in the correct spot....now if only I could find that damned link!.....I found out about this from the Capri club

AH..HA! Found it!

These are REALLY cool units! I hope this helps

Yet ungodly expencive....EEEK!
    US$299.99
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

seems like when i go to the junkyard i always fnd the radio trim panel that has the older style knob holes. took forever to find one that was in the 85-87s. there were also plenty of 88 and newer pieces to choose from. i say get a different trim piece and a radio you want in your price range
      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

The old premium sound doesn't hve a proper bypass kit since its not really wired in a way thats compatible with modern radios. Best to just run new wires for those.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by fordktpjoe View Post
          Got mine at scosche.com (sp?).....still...is a bit aggravating though. Premium Sound" = "pain in the ass"
          That's why I'm still running the stock radio lol
          1963 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 Holiday
          1964 Chrysler Newport
          1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX
          1997 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
          sigpic

Comment

i use new speaker line for speakers, but usethe harness kit for the power for the radio
            Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic View Post
              i use new speaker line for speakers, but usethe harness kit for the power for the radio
              Did you have the Premium Sound?
              1963 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 Holiday
              1964 Chrysler Newport
              1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX
              1997 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeast86 View Post
                Did you have the Premium Sound?
                The one he had, Baby, did not have premium sound. It didn't even have door speakers. He ran all new wires to each speaker. which if I remember correctly had LEDs in them.

Comment

Working...
                X