No announcement yet.

Premium Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like pics of this. If theres some way I could re-use the original factory wiring and get rid of my spaghetti bs in the dash, I'm all for it. I'd love to be able to neaten things up in there. I had the silver football amp, but its long gone. All the wiring is still there but its not hooked to anything.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

you can make the football amp work. the black box amp is the easiest since you can guy the premium sound harness from schotche that plugs into that little square connecter with the thin wires

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

The smoke came out of my football amp long ago. Its since been replaced with a 600 watt Kenwood in the trunk. I'm just thinking of ways to use factory wiring to get sound from the trunk to the front.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ok, it won't let me post pics...
          Last edited by 351m; 09-12-2009, 02:46 PM.
          1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
          1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
          1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
          1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

Comment

Use the 'go advanced' and then click attachments on the next page. if the pics are too big, you can't post them. I forget the maximums but its listed on the attachment window how big the file and image size can be.

Comment

Maybe they were too big then

Comment

The first 2 pics are of the plug going to the amp, the other pic is of the one from the other set of plugs at the deck and the harness from the speakers.
                Attached Files

Comment

this is different, care to explain about the whole set up?lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Its hard to explain, mine has the harness for the standars sound(one black and one grey plug) and it has the small one for the amp. Same as i believe most Fox Mustangs have. so behind the right kick panel there will be the harness from the amp comming up under the carpet and plugs into the speaker harness, there will be another one in there with the same wire colors that isn't hooked up, it will disappear up under the dash same as the speaker wires. Its hard to get a good pic in there.

Comment

Originally posted by John Deere Green View Post
                      Deepsleep, the factory amp is there because the radio itself has a fairly low power output - it is therefore designed for that low power output (which for the amp is really an input), so with your Kenwood putting out a stronger signal I'm not sure if you're not going to fry the amp if you feed it the Kenwood signal. To be on the safe side I'd say just bypass the amp, and run the wires from the radio directly to the speakers - you can buy an amp-bypass harness that is a direct plug-in, or you can cut and splice the wires yourself if you so prefer.

And I'm not quite sure what you're referring to when you ask if it messes up the sound quality, but if it's about the way I installed the Sony radio with the factory L-brackets riveted to its craddle - nope, no issues with that whatsoever, really the only way I can see the sound quality being messed up is if the radio don't ground quite right, but I have it grounded through both the factory harness and a dedicated (very big) ground strap, so it's about as perfect as it's gonna get.
                      Thanks for clearing it up. I still havent installed the damn thing. I'll do it this week. I think the walmart adapter thing I got has the amp wire, is that whats needed?
                      88 MGM 5.0 stock

Comment

Originally posted by 351m View Post
                        There are quite literally 2 harnesses behind the radio. The plugs to bypass the amp are under the glovebox/kickpanel. No repinning or anything. I will get a pic of mine after Physio tomorrow.
                        So is it just a matter of disconnecting one harness & plugging in another @ the kick panel?

And there is another set of black/grey connectors tucked up under the dash somewhere?

Is this valid for an '87
                        Last edited by mitymerc; 11-01-2009, 07:22 PM.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Working...
                        X