Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chachi
    you can still get a RF modulator wich will transmit through a radio signal
    I don't like them at all. They will work ok, but the signal quality is worthless. FM signal is 96kbps. About 60% of my recordings are at 192kbps, so the FM module almost halfs my quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
      Originally posted by Chachi
      you can still get a RF modulator wich will transmit through a radio signal
      FM module almost halfs my quality.
      So does a JVC head unit.

Comment

Totaly not true. My JVC unit sounds so good. Crystal cleer and clean sound. Asside from my current blown speaker (that I blew last weekend, and getting new ones in a couple days!!!) there is ZERO dirty noise. And the depth of the audio is far supperior to many most anything I have heard....but then again most people though in a Head unit and use stock speakers, or buy flashy speakers that are of crap quality.

I have a good ear for audio, and I'd lay money if you heard my Stereo Chachi you would say yourself that it is very nice. No not the loudest system in the world, but I have an AMP that gives all the speakers that extra umph.

Comment

not to be rude or any thing. I haved attended many sanctioned I.A.S.C.A. SQ (Sound Quality) events and i have never seen someone with a JVC head unit place

Comment

That may be true, but that doesn't mean they are crap. They are quite good, JVC has made very solid audio equipment for many years. Not all of us here are going for competition level stuff. Shelf line Sony, next to a shelf line JVC or any other brand, and you will probobly find them quite equal.

Comment

im NOT SAYING ITS CRAP!!! Im only saying , if sound quality is so important to you that you wont use a RF modulator you should be using a diffrent head unit. even entry level kenwood selling for $109.99 has better SQ. JVC does have good stuff, they offer a lot more features than many other brands in the same price range.

Comment

That is huge differences in levels of quality. Using an FM module would be equivilent to me going to an 8 track. The difference from a JVC to Kenwood, is like going from 192kbps to 200kbps. It's better yeah, but not to a major degree. If I listened to CDs, I may have gotten a better unit (though probobly not seeing as this one is the only one that looks like it belongs in a box Vic), but I listen to MP3s, so once we get to a certain level of quality, there isn't much to be had by going all out on the stereo, because the source is not at CD level (which is something like 1100kbps??).

Comment

retro to me means a pioneerr super tuner with a 8 track hehe

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Alright, slight dilemna.

The Vic is getting the cd deck out of the Rodeo. But this deck has no cd-changer jacks, it just has line out. So how do I hook my mp3 player up to it without busting open the insides and hacking stuff up? I'd rather not go with an FM modulator as those sound like crap. Here's a picture of the deck.

Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

I don't think you can, but Im no audio expert. This is what I rock,

Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

The stereo is in and it works beautifully. To the point where I now have a headache.

It pounds nicely, and if I walk 30 feet from the vehicle at 1/4 volume I can still clearly make out the music. For now, I'm just using a harness. When I get the time, I'm going to run new 12ga wires to the speakers, hook the power direct to the battery(fused of course )hook the ground cable up to a metal part of the dash somewhere. I'm not going to use electrical tape either. I'm going to solder and use that heat shrink stuff.
                        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Working...
                        X