Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found Factory 1989 LTC CD player!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a guy named Paul Protos work on mine. If you google his name, you'll find a number of hits for it on various forums. He did my tripminder and overhead console too. Those work perfectly, but that radio is just sketchy. I don't think its anything he did, its just wearing out. He did warn me when the laser was re-aligned that if it went out again, it probably needed a replacement transport (the laser mechanism). They wear out over time.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

and im sure replacing it sure as heck isn't worth it, right, lol
      "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
      -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
      -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
      -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

I suspect its an obsolete part now, so I'd probably be limited to used donors. Add to that the other problems the radio has, and I can't be bothered to care about it anymore. I don't think its anyone's fault or anything, I think its just full of old worn out parts that are used up. I've got other equipment like that, it reaches a point where its just done.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X