No announcement yet.

Installing a CD player.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your vic should be plug and play, if you go to wally mart, you can get a premium sound wire harnes, and wire it to your deck and jus plug it in and enjoy when dealing with the older models like some of our cars, there is a comon ground system, so re-wireing is a must, but it was worthit in my veiw!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I've yet to see one of these magical premium sound amp bypassing plug kits. Everyone finds them at their local walfuck, but all we have here is the regular plug kit.
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Yea. I think I remeber looking for one in Walmart and places with my dad. Don't think they are anywhere here eather. So does anyone have an actual link to the actual harness so I can just click and buy?
        1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
        -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
        Supermotors

Comment

And today's dummie question of the day is: Why do you bypass the Premium amp if you're using the stock speakers and only changing the head unit? From what I've read at other sites you only need the harness that connects the stock head unit plug to the new head unit, and then the amp will still be working fine. Makes sense to me, yet again I haven't messed with my stereo (no money available)... So yeah, why not run the stock amp with a new head unit?

Comment

if you go to www.scosche.com you can order th amp by-pass or the premeium sound plug and play kit. the parts you need are under the JBL/premium sound link. and try this too http://207.36.252/scosche/ford_premium_jbl.htm

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Hmm. I don't see the JBL Primins Sound link. Do you have a part #?

Second link dosn't work.
              1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
              -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
              Supermotors

Comment

Hawk, try this: http://www.scosche.com/scoschesearch...String=premium

Comment

Originally posted by BoxMang
                  I've yet to see one of these magical premium sound amp bypassing plug kits. Everyone finds them at their local walfuck, but all we have here is the regular plug kit.
                  i had one in shifty my local nazimart sold em, and i even got my shitty 10% discount
                  Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

You bypass the amp beacause your head unit wont make any sound with it. Opposite grounds.
                    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

They changed off the common-ground setup around 87 or 88. My 86 Townie with the factory amp ran common-ground. I got the plug kit, used it to connect the power wiring to my CD player, and just ran new wires to each speaker, as I was unable to get any sound from it using stock wiring. There are also 2 amps, a metal football shaped one and a black square one. The black one is the late non-common ground one that you can find bypass kits for. The metal one is the early system that doesn't have bypass harnesses, and due to the wiring system you pretty much can't bypass it anyway. My stock amp was bad anyway, so it now resides in a landfill.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                      X