Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front fender sticking out further than front door.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front fender sticking out further than front door.

How do I get the front fender to go in a little more so it matches with the front door? Thanks.

Well first you need to know that it is the fender that is misaligned vs the door. Is the door kind of sprung? "To use carpenter type door terminology."
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Be careful there, the door leading edge must go in behind the front fender when opened as I recall.
      No ... I'm not arguing with you ... I'm just explaining why I'm right ...

Now go ... and whatever you do ... have a safe trip!

Comment

The door hinges allow adjustment, the fender kind-of does, but to a limited degree. Mostly its done with shims to get any significant movement. Someone has moved something, but if its never been in an accident my bet is on door hinge work and it wasn't put back where it goes

and yes its a fussy adjustment to get it both looking right and working right. Very easy to have the door hit the fender.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Is the hood gap parallel with both fenders? if that fender isn't parallel with the hood it's probably the fender that moved. if it is parallel, it's the door. Thankfully that adjustment is adjustable with the fender on the car. Like others said it takes some trial and error and patience to get it lined up correctly
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Working...
          X