Driver door handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver door handle

Had an interesting occurrence with the driver door handle on my 85CV today. When I pulled it up to open the door one of the “pivot pins” came shooting out and landed on the floor which allowed the handle to flop all over the place. I reseated the spring and pushed the pin back in. The handle works but is still sloppy. Has anyone who had this happen been able to repair the handle or is complete replacement the only option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never seen that happen to the pivot pin before. Usually they handle breaks when the linkage pokes through. You can try replacing the pin with a thin screw, but probably better off replacing the entire handle. If you replace the handle make sure you use some sort of lock nuts and bolts to hold on. WagonMan
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

It was very weird! I'll got ahead and order a new handle. Do you have any NOS or good used ones available for sale? Worst case if I can't find a Ford one it looks like a Scott Drake branded reproduction is available. Iā€™ll be sure to use lock nuts. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have some for my own three cars if I need them! LOL! WagonMan
        89 Colony Park
        90 Colony Park
        70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Working...
        X