Adding Vent Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Vent Windows

What all do I need to grab from a parts car to get vent windows into my 90?
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

I have the whole set up for my 90. Without unpacking it all, I can give you what I remember.
    Window regulators, Main window. Wind wing glass, with frame and all screws, Do not forget the screw on the upper part of the window frame rail.
    Mine is the manual wind wing, not the power, which would be easier to install.
    I would consider selling my set up, as my spot lights get in the way however I will not ship it.

Comment

Only looking for the manual setup. The local yard is supposed to actually have a box Mercury and I am considering grabbing the parts while I get them, as the boxes are about dried up in the yards in this area.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Hi Tiggie,
        I have installed vent windows in 5 of my wagons over the years. The obvious parts are the glass and vent frame. The outer dew wipe trim is different, so grab those. Try real hard to remove the window channel seals without ruining them. The window regulators and the tracks are the same, so you won't need them.
        Bring a 12v power source, you will need to run the windows up and down to get the main window disconnected from the regulator. Bring a sharpie. mark the top edge of the window frame and measure where the three holes you will need to drill into your window frame are located. You will need to trim off 10 3/4" off your door panel inside dew wipe once the set-up is installed. I never drill out the rivets on the attached main window bracket, I just spread the door pulling on the inside frame enough to sneak the window/bracket out. Put back in place after putting the new window in. I hope this helps. WagonMan
        89 Colony Park
        90 Colony Park
        70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

As luck would have it, the Grand Marquis hasn't hit the junkyard for picking yet. Which is good since that gives me time to round up a power supply (I trashed my old one instead of replacing the battery like a dummy).

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
            Mine is the manual wind wing, not the power, which would be easier to install.
            The power wing..... are you talking about the Lincoln version? That fits?

Comment

Mine is the manual wing, Lincoln power wing I doubt fits. I do not know for sure if CV/MGM had a power wing.

Comment

Working...
              X