Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever find a company to make a front end car "bra"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever find a company to make a front end car "bra"?

1988 Grand Marquis

Just like the title states, has anyone found a company to make a front end car bra for this car. I've gotten two rock chips on the paint and its driving me nuts when ever I have to drive down the freeway.

I was looking at https://www.carcoverworld.com/front-end-covers, but they don't sell any for this car. I do have an email out to them asking if they would make one, no response.

Cheers!

Ew.

How about paint protection film / clear bra?
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
    1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend one of those, especially as a paint guy. In addition to looking terrible, what's going to happen is the paint under the bra isn't going to fade and so there will be a noticeable difference after a few years go by and you remove it.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I was just going to use it during long car trips or when I have to drive on the freeway. I would do the protection film but now I have to get rock chips fixed.... And there is talk about repainting the car. (The last paint job was from MACCO, yea I know... don't judge me)

Comment

I'd also recommend the PPF over the bra. Even if you are just installing it from time to time you will get tired of doing so.....and every time you install and un-install it you are scratching everything in the process.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

And the highway is where the flapping of the bra does the worst damage to the paint. And no, you can't get them tight enough to not flap in the breeze. Just wait for the paint to get done and then clear bra the thing or ceramic coat or something.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

^^^ That right there. Dirt gets in there as well and then as it flaps around it's like sandpaper to the paint.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
              X