Tudor needs drivers door weather stripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tudor needs drivers door weather stripping

After the northeastern i see that it leaks so I need to know whati can use for the doors anyone got any suggestions
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Universal weatherstrip for JCWhitney is probably your best bet.
    Nick
    88 Colony Park LS
    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

I've been looking into finding new ones for so long. Scott picked me up a nice used pair awhile back. They've held me over so far. I wonder, are there shops that make custom weatherstripping, like cut and seamed like to fit properly like oem? I'm thinking it's possible because some rarer resto cars need things like this that are impossible to find.
      sigpic
      1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
      Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

I need some weatherstripping myself. Got a big Puddle in the back on the driver's side. It leaks from the driver's door. Seat gets all wet, wonderful! Is it just cause the crap is old. I open the door and there is water dripping off the weather stripping. Is there a piece that I am missing? Anyway, I am getting tired of the leaking. And I am going to fix it. But I was also looking for some. Where's the cheapest place for new weatherstripping?

Comment

I have some questions. First off, I got some weatherstripping for my doors from a Taurus. They fit pretty well. but I am still having water drip in. I noticed that there was some other weatherstripping sitting in the chrome trim. The door's frame hits this and I assume that if working properly it should deflect the water and send it to the bottom where it drains out. Anyway, I was wondering how to access this weatherstripping. Is it possible to remove/install this without having to take the trim off? And if I have to take it off, what's holding the trim to the body? I need some help. Please write back someone.

Comment

wat year tarus u have a 4 door
            sigpic
            1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

1994 And yes I have a 4 door. Do you know what I am talking about though, The small strips around the frame.

Comment

i m pretty sure that u need to take the trim off
                sigpic

Comment

sooo, how do you take the trim off?

Comment

yeah it happens mang its just part oh halving an old car my car leakes some water on the passenger side flood board from the the vent cover near the windsheild wipers leaks a little I'd did my best to seal but it just leaks a little

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Do you know how to take off the trim? I know where it's coming from. I want to replace the weatherstripping. I am going to a u pull it and I am going to see how I will take it off, and if I can salvage it off a junker.

Comment

I got it. I went to the junkyard and got some. I also got a new alternator at the junkyard, for $15. Woohoo! Runs great. I took the alternator to advance auto to get it tested. The guy didn't know wtf he was doing. He said it was bad. I got the alternator in. it charged the battery, and it powered all the accessories. I don't know what amperage it is. All I can say is that the pulley is bigger in diameter than my old alternator. WEEEEEE!

Comment

Umm. I tried the weatherstripping. it still leaks in some places. The door can be pushed in more. Like it's not closed all the way making contact with the weatherstripping. What can I do? Do I get thicker weatherstripping? Or do I tighten the door up? Please help, i need sugestions.

Comment

My worn-out '79 weatherstrip fits pretty loose against the doors, which seem to otherwise line up pretty well, so my best guess would be to blame the weatherstrip being too thin. The door strikers don't seem to really be adjustable. *shrugs*

I've definitely thought about trying the stuff from JCWhitney (talked about it on another thread maybe two or three months ago, but someone said it wouldn't work well) ... one day I need to see about ordering some samples of the stuff so I can make more meaningful comparisons than just looking at a drawing in a catalog.
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I think it may be the plastic over them

Comment

Working...
                              X