dents!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dents!

i got alot of little door dents...i was wondering if anyone knew a way to pull them out without costing $300 a door like i was quoted...and does the ding king actually work?

I had a friend that said it worked but I never used it before. So I wouldn't know.

Basically you have to either get a PDR kit which will probably be expensive plus you would need to learn how to do it. Or you can sand the doors down and use filler on them if they are a 1/4" or less deep, if not you need to use a hammer and dolly to work them out first.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88 View Post
      Or you can sand the doors down and use filler on them if they are a 1/4" or less deep
      I'm highly hesitant to question a college-educated body mang seeing as I know very little about body work, but isn't 1/4" awful deep to be putting in body filler? I thought 1/8" was the max for filler.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
        I'm highly hesitant to question a college-educated body mang seeing as I know very little about body work, but isn't 1/4" awful deep to be putting in body filler? I thought 1/8" was the max for filler.
        That's what some people say, but I've got about an 1" thick on a door pillar and quarter panel when a guy creased the side of my VW with his bumper. I banged it out the best I could (those pillars are surprisingly strong!) and filled the rest. Was kinda curious how long it would last. Well, 24 yrs later and it's still holding strong with no cracks. Not really recommended, but now I know it can be done.
        1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
        1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
        1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

Yeah 1/8th inch is better but todays fillers are far superior to the ones from even 10 years ago. They stick better, flex better and are sand better then the older ones. So ya a 1/4" is acceptable.
          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Working...
          X