She's got cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's got cancer

Took the interior out of the brown merc to fix "one" visible rust spot, Well after removing the whole interior i found a hole lot more that was hideing you couldent see it from the bottom sice its all undercated and looked fine,
    The floors are petty rough but im willing to spend the time on them and do them right since the frame and the rest of the car are in great shape, abd it drives like a dream,
    so this thread will be my repair progress thread
    on the weekend i gutted the interior then went out and baught 2 sheets go good heavey sheet metal, nd some cutting wheels for the die grinder to cut the infected areas out
    tonight i got the frt pass side floor all welded up(no pic of that yet, i forgot to take one before i came in) , and started cutting all the infected metal away to make it cleaner now just have to do the rest after its all fixed the floors will be painted inside and on the bottom, along with the frame and all,
    Here are the pics, i Know it looks bad now but every pic from here on in it will start to look better, good thing i love panthers, atleast another will be saved from the dead, and i have fixed floors worse then that
    This is how you tell if your car is canadian, lucky my 2 door floors are solid

Will have more pics up tomorow with more progress,

holy shit! I'm guessing you haven't sat on the passenger side judging by the massive hole under where it would normally be attatched.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Really sorry to hear about that. Have you thought about just having the floor pan replaced with a better one from the junkyard, or at least sections welded in? Either way good luck with whatever you decide.
      Attached Files
      sigpic
      1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
      Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Christ, and you DIDNT see that huge rust hole through the undercoating?
        Last edited by Grand Marquis GT; 07-24-2007, 09:46 PM.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

no no no, that big hole wasent there, that pic was just after i removed a crummy patch someone had made out of very thin aluminum and coverd it in tar, so there that big hole wasent there at first
          And the only rust hole i saw when i baught the car was the one on the frt drivers side

Comment

Damn, Canada is rough on those cars!
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Damn mang! Good thing you caught that when you did, hope you can get that all fixed up, the rest of the car is beautiful. Hey, i have the same cutoff wheel.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
              1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
              1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

July 24 2007

go the pass side rear floor made and put in, just have to cut a hole for a drain plug and eather tar or fiberglass over the seems, now i just have the rest of the floor to do, so now i just have the mid section left on the pass side then im on to the drivers side

Comment

Wow, you certainly don't mess around!!!

Comment

yeah thats what s happens when the floor drain pan plugs rott out 23 years of water get stuck under the carpet and rott out the floors i,m glad i primed my floors

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Looks really good, you've made some serious progress. I definitely agree with priming the floors.
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic
                      Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

POR15 is good stuff. Standard rattle can primer won't do much at all to stop rust, but the POR15 will. It also doesn't stink like undercoating or tar, and isn't sticky. They also make an excellent high temp paint that I've used before on headers with good success.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Floors in my CV are about that bad in some places lol

Looks like it's coming along nicely though, mang, keep us updated!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by 86GmLsCoupe View Post
                            Looks really good, you've made some serious progress. I definitely agree with priming the floors.
                            Wow, you didn't cheap out, or mess around with what you did there!

Looks good!

Comment

Thanks, thats nice to hear. The car is pretty quiet now and sand still finds its way out from the dash from the blasting, but it was worth it. The Dynamat I got lucky with on Ebay. Dave, are you going to sandblast? What are you planning on covering the bare metal with?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X