Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a 92 be converted into a newer one, say 02?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a 92 be converted into a newer one, say 02?

Hi, everyone

I just got a 92 GM and I was wondering if anyone has tried to make one of these look like a newer one... as far as I know the front end can be just swapped entire, how about the rear end?

Anyone?

Thanks

PS Am I looney???

Yeah the front end can be swapped. The rear you would need to do some fab work to section in the quarters from a 98+ and then you would need a trunklid and bumper cover. A crap ton of work for the rear but not that big of a deal for the front.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

seen it done......looks pretty cool.
      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by Vick View Post
        PS Am I looney???
        yes :p

Oh and btw to GMN!

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
          yes :p

Oh and btw to GMN!
          We all are a bit loony....but it's all good.
          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Welcome! It's been done on Crown Vics; I don't know of any GM swaps, but I'm sure the process would be basically the same. You could even just swap the header panels and leave the rear original.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

i like the last pic.....Donutland ...and of course who would be parked in the parking lot...lol
              Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Cool, I’m seriously thinking of getting on the messy work of trying to make the conversion…

Thanks for the pics and the welcome guys…

Comment

Why not just get the car you want?
                  '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                  '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by boXman View Post
                    Why not just get the car you want?
                    I was thinking the same thing actually.

Also, isn't the actual shell of the car, like the cabin area, different? Doors and stuff probably are too. Seems like a lot of work to end up with what looks like a 2002 with older, crappier, smaller brakes, a wimpier motor, and the non-wide ratio tranny.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

dude.....you can get a 2000 CV for around $3000 if you look hard enough. with all the werk you will be doing...it would be better to get a whale body
                      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Alright, ENOUGH!

No more telling the guy to buy a new fucking car. That's dipshit talk, like telling you to buy a new car instead of modding your box, to get more HP.
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

yeah, well... the thing is that I already had a CV Police and it was BEATEN UP badly, this GM is old, however is in good shape, the paint is fading and since it needs new paint, I was wondering about making it look newer, know what I mean?

Comment

And also. GADGET73, as far as I know the frame, and "cabin" are the same from 92 all the way to 02; that's where I'm getting the idea, and please correct me if I'm wrong...

Comment

I know not the body changes of the newer ones. I thought they'd changed it in 1998 with the rest of the re-design. Possible its not different. Frame is basically the same, but newer cars have a different and improved rear suspension and better front brakes.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X