The Abyss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Abyss.

There is a hole located between the two windshield wipers in the cowl area of my ma's 86 Crown Vic. I noticed it after my flashlight fell in there while cleaning the leaves and other debris from the cowl area. I can just squezze my hand in there to get to the bottom that is filled with old debris (leaves, gum balls, twigs, etc....). I cleaned out as much as I could with my hand and by wedging the narrowest vacuum attachment that I have in there. There is still a lot more left that I can't get to. How do I get to the rest of that area? I'd get pics, but I don't have a digi camera yet to give you timely photos.

Packman

take the vacuum attachment off, shove the hose in the "abyss", wiggle it around, and hopefully job will get done :p

Comment

lol, What a coincidence,I was just cleaning out that "Abyss" myself yesterday. You wouldn't believe how much crap that "Abyss" can hold. Got it all out with my shop vac though.

Comment

Are you referring to the space where the wiper motor is? Yeah, it really fills up. I cleaned mine out when I replaced the wiper motor. It is so easy to pull the motor, that I might recommend to you that you do that... maybe once a year, and clean it all out good.

How to remove motor? remove 3 lag bolts, disconnect, pull it out far enough to pop off the clip that connects it to the wipers...

Comment

Originally posted by pseudoboyfriend View Post
          Are you referring to the space where the wiper motor is? Yeah, it really fills up. I cleaned mine out when I replaced the wiper motor. It is so easy to pull the motor, that I might recommend to you that you do that... maybe once a year, and clean it all out good.

How to remove motor? remove 3 lag bolts, disconnect, pull it out far enough to pop off the clip that connects it to the wipers...

Thanks for the tip!!!!! I am definitely look into doing that next weekend. By then all of the leaves should have fallen from the trees.

Packman

Comment

good tip......i will add to my list of panther maintenance

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
            X