Tilt forward front.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tilt forward front.

Had one of my infamous random thoughts earlier today. Anyone ever hear of someone doing a tilt forward front end on a panther? You know where the front fenders and the hood are all one piece with the hinges up front, latch in the back... Kinda like some people do on stangs, vettes and camaros.

I'd imagine it would have to be done to a car with a carbed engine swapped in, being that the EFI has all of those sensors and such mounted to the wheel wells.

Theese are just the kind of things I think about when theres nothing to do...
    Straight sixes make me randy...:smirk:
    1992 Ford Tempo GLS 2 door.
    3.0 Vulcan V6,3 Speed auto
    Planned mods: Strut tower braces, new fog lamps, tint, clean it up and paint it glossy black.

older lowrider magazines had pictures of Panthers that had tilt fronts.
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

not that big of a deal to relocate the solenoids. Only 3 of them.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        not that big of a deal to relocate the solenoids. Only 3 of them.
        Really? Looked like there was more. Then again it's been damn near a month since I bothered to pop the hood the vic. Wonder how much cleaner the whole engine bay would be without those fenderwells in there. Maybe route everything attatched to them to the firewall.
        Straight sixes make me randy...:smirk:
        1992 Ford Tempo GLS 2 door.
        3.0 Vulcan V6,3 Speed auto
        Planned mods: Strut tower braces, new fog lamps, tint, clean it up and paint it glossy black.

Comment

I thought about it, for my '89.
          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

no fender wells = mess under the hood

no fender wells under the hood would cause anything you drive thru to get in the engine area
            Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

need metal innerfenders like my chevy's got. weld em fast.
              '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

fibreglass drag car?
                YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfeyes88 View Post
                  Wonder how much cleaner the whole engine bay would be without those fenderwells in there.
                  thats what it looks like basicly, I dont have it wired and plumbed but I ran most of the wiring behind the dash like the ignition box ect so it doesnt look much more messy.... i also dont have HVAC.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                  My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis View Post

Wow, I don't believe I've ever seen these pics.

That really looks good; I don't think I've ever seen someone eliminate the underhood HVAC stuff and have it looks so "finished". You really did a nice job there; it looks professional. The painted suspension/ frame and super clean components take the engine bay to the next level.

I'm not really a fan of eliminating the inner fenders, just because of the wiring mess is can cause. But, from the looks of it, you won't have to worry about that mess. Awesome job.
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Thanks for the compliments, it helps to have a nearly rust free car too.

Wiring isnt really that bad. You cant tuck all the main wiring under and inside the fender and loom it up all the way in there. I need to get rid of the soleniod on the fender and just use the one I have on my starter. It would be 5x cleaner.

In spring I gotta go back through and clean everything back up. It got a bit crappy looking here and there because of the condensation during fall and summer. The intake and valve covers look like shit now. I think I might paint em.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

WIRE TUCK! TIME TO WHIP OUT THE ZIP TIES!

I have a 4.6....It will never look THAT clean! Perhaps almost?.....ROFL!.....sigh.
                        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Very impressive results there, Mercmarquis! I've not seen those pics either. I assume this is going to be pretty much a race-only car?

How much cleaning did you give the framerails and A-arms before hitting them with Rust Tough or Chassis Black?
                          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Looks good...
                            what's the story on the water pump? It looks like part of the hose nipple is broke.
                            Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                            AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                            Open/Lock/Ratio #
                            -----------------------
                            G / H / 2.26
                            B / C / 2.47
                            8 / M / 2.73
                            7 / - / 3.07
                            Y / Z / 3.08
                            4 / D / 3.42
                            F / R / 3.45
                            5 / E / 3.27
                            6 / W / 3.73
                            2 / K / 3.55
                            A / - / 3.63
                            J / - / 3.85

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                              Very impressive results there, Mercmarquis! I've not seen those pics either. I assume this is going to be pretty much a race-only car?

How much cleaning did you give the framerails and A-arms before hitting them with Rust Tough or Chassis Black?
                              Its my little race car project. It'll see the street for some cruising here and there but will be a dedicated race car.

It didnt take much to get it clean, it was a super easy with the motor out. I got a few cans of degreaser, lots of brake cleaner and black enamel. I spent a good day just scrubbing the crap out of it. Painted it the next day. I really thought about doing the firewall in black but I didnt have enough paint.

what's the story on the water pump? It looks like part of the hose nipple is broke.
                              Haha.. good eye mang! Had a bit of a snag when I went to scoot the motor over to the car to drop it in. My driveway is really rough and the motor would sway a little bit from the jarring. One of the chains slipped off the hook and the front of the motor fell about 6in from the ground, only the water pump smacked the outrigger for the cherry picker and broke it. Everything else is fine, just scared the living hell out of me. I'm gratefull the only dammage was a $35 water pump.

Comment

Working...
                              X