vinyl or no vinyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vinyl or no vinyl

ok i just pulled off my top because it was shitty i was told i could get one put on for 450 so what sould i do vote please. and because i pulled off the old top it might be 300$-350$

and i though in a pic on my cousins mustan II
    Attached Files
    no vinyl top
    0%
    factory colored top
    0%
    black top
    0%
    ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
    ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Fix that rust before anything.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

well that was the plan but not bad for that being the only rust on the car
      ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
      ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Ditch the vinyl top; a slicktop tudor will be really nice looking.
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

1.) Fix rust.
          2.) Locate chrome rear window trim (from a '79-'87 slicktop Ford/Merc or any '88-'91 Ford/Merc without the Brougham roof [read small rear window]). Then locate chrome rear side window trim from a Ford 2-Dr.
          3.) Paint and slicktop that Merc.

Note: DON'T Slicktop without getting the chrome trim!
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

well how about you help find me the chrome thats the only prob

Comment

Forget vinyl, that's money that could be going towards gas.
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

The vinyl definitely has to go. I am not looking forward to taking the vinyl off of my ma's CV. The last time I did that, it took me a whole summer to patch and smooth out the rust.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by Bowman85merc View Post
                  well how about you help find me the chrome thats the only prob
                  Ther was a freggin nice set on an '81 LTD in the junkyard several months ago. I thought about grabbing for future use (if I were to get a tudor). But the car disappeared last I was there. Someone around here might be able to help you out, try the Wanted section.
                  1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                  1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                  Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                  Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Damn dude Fix teh rust!!!

And +one on that no vinyl Just look at what t did to the car already.
                    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Put a new color matched top on after fixing the rust.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'll have to concur with P72Ford...slick top Tudor would be wicked.

since you have it off..you're halfway there.
                        sigpic
                        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

also, moved to paint/bodywork.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

well i'll post in wanted but put the word out i need the chrome if we can find it well probly do the slick top

Comment

I think that'd be nice with the slick top, I kinda want to do vinyl on Babyblue
                              sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
                              [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
                              [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
                              [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Comment

Working...
                              X