Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

grand marquis-marauder bumper cover swap...bolt on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grand marquis-marauder bumper cover swap...bolt on?

ok, im new to the site, so im sorry if this is has already been discused. but can a bumper cover from a marauder bolt right on to a 2003 gmq? i just love the way they look and i think it'd really set the car off.

You need different headlights I think, if not a different header panel also. I cant remember if that only applies to vic conversons or Grand Marquis as well.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

As you have an '03 Marquis, you shouldn't need to install anything other than the bumper cover. The header panel is the same, and the grille/headlights/side markers are the same, other than some painting differences.

Only thing I could *think* you would need, would be the components related to the foglamps. I'm not sure how they mount in the bumper, or if your car would already have the foglamp wiring installed.

-Rob
      1996 Police Interceptor-187K miles **Replacement DD found**
      Engine/trans: '03 4.6, underdrives, shorties, 80mm MAF, Custom downpipes, Ported plenum, 70MM T/B, and Dyno Tune. J-modded Y2K 4r70w w/ Marauder TC.
      Misc: ADDCO bars, Big brakes, 17" wheels, '02 steering box, and LXSport console w/ floor shift! :headbang:

Comment

I am thinking of doing the same to my '04. The cover should just bolt right on. The only issue I can see is acquiring the part for less than the national deficit
        R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
        Originally posted by MeanVic84
        Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

thanks, i was pretty sure it'd bolt right up with no issues. ive been pricing them for a little over $500 new. but thats fully painted. im sure i can find one primered a little cheaper. i plan on painting it to match the body, along with the grill. and ill have to look to see if there is wiring for fog lights, i dont really care if the fog lights are functional. just as long as there there...they still look cool as hell. maybe ill try to find the blacked out headlamps. i think they go for about $70 each.

quick question. when i dechromitize the grill, should i paint the outer border body color and the slats black, or paint the whole thing body color. just lookin for some opinions.
          oh, and by the way, the car is like a greenish silver coler. i think they call it spruce green or something.

Comment

I went with body color/black, looks better with the Marauder lights, in my opinion:

Comment

yea it does look better. just wonder how it'd look with the spruce green though. might look kick ass, u never know.

Comment

I'm sure someone could photoshop it for you if you asked the right people. I plan to black out most of the chrome, and tint my taillights as well, so I wanted the black to tie everything together.

One thing is for sure, if you have Marauder headlights and corners, a black or bodycolor grille is almost a necessity. I can't believe the effect the new grille had. I wish I would have done it at the same time, now. Lots better. Lots.

Comment

that would be awsome, but i dont know who to ask to photo shop it

Comment

the fog lights mount to the bumper.
                    Attached Files
                    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                    Originally posted by pantera77
                    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

black vinyl for the eyelids.....
                      nite shades and lots of tape and patience for the tail lights....
                      but do you want mang.
                      the bumper will directly bolt on to an 03.
                      -ryan
                      Attached Files
                      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                      Originally posted by pantera77
                      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I could use a set of Marauder side markers for my Vic........
                        2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
                        85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
                        07 JCL 250 A Scooter
                        79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

i attempted to photoshop a pic of my car. let me know which one looks best. ...the smoked lens cover look, or the smoked chrome on the inside of the headlamp.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X