X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What year on that 140 police speedo

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      I cant even figure out how to use that site.
      I thought it was alright to use...ya just gotta punch in what year and model your looking for and scroll down the page

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
        I thought it was alright to use...ya just gotta punch in what year and model your looking for and scroll down the page
        oh yea. lol they dont have anything anyway.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
          What year on that 140 police speedo
          its out of 88-90?ish vic cop car kinda like my year crown vic but when they started rounding out the edges ont them should fit yours just fine ..ti think
          89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Important to be certain whether it's a '89-down or '90-'91. '90-'91 are electronic.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
              Important to be certain whether it's a '89-down or '90-'91. '90-'91 are electronic.
              it is analog one with all the numbers on it

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
                it is analog one with all the numbers on it

errrr you are not getting it! the 90 and 91's have electronic speed sender/sensor. and is not compatible with 89 and down cv's. Sure the face may look the same but there is NO speedo cable with 90 and 91.
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Bingo. Tons and tons and tons (and tons and tons and so forth ...) of vehicles since the late '80s have used electronic speedos with analog readouts; Autometer and other aftermarket gauge suppliers even give you a choice between electronic or mechanical on many of their speedometers. An electronic speedo is no use if you use a speedometer cable, and a mechanical one is no use if your car doesn't use a cable! :p

That said, cruise-control-equipped vehicle did have a vehicle speed sensor of one sort or other, so I suppose it *might* be possible to somehow finagle a signal from that thing to drive an electronic speedo without having to go to a later-style vehicle speed sensor (assuming, of course, that it's different than the cruise control speed sensor used around '87) .... even if you get it to work, though, the '90-'91 dash is different and I'm almost certain the two speedos don't bolt nicely into each others' dashboards.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                    errrr you are not getting it! the 90 and 91's have electronic speed sender/sensor. and is not compatible with 89 and down cv's. Sure the face may look the same but there is NO speedo cable with 90 and 91.
                    hmmm i just learned soemthign new today thanks mang!!! im not sure what year exactly but i do know its one of those boxes where they start to round the corners on the tails lights n stuff i know its from 88 -90 but thats all i knwo ill let you know what year it is on friday.

Comment

hmmm i just learned soemthign new today thanks mang!!! im not sure what year exactly but i do know its one of those boxes where they start to round the corners on the tails lights n stuff i know its from 88 -90 but thats all i knwo ill let you know what year it is on friday.
                      lol yea i didnt know that either. Sort of strange that they make these changes right in the middle of these model years. And it is 88 to 91 :p
                      ~David~

Comment

Let me know how much you want for it...Il but it from ya if its the right year....My car is a 90....Thanks mang

Comment

Knowing the donor was an '88-'91 is no good. '88-'89 saw the external facelift only; they still used the same dash and speedo cluster as the '79-'87.

Comment

Back to weatherstripping I went to the ford dealer ship and found some window channel replacemnt oem it's like 15 years old sitting in their wearhouse they still wanted $215 even after I said I must be the only person to call about it in. 15 years. What I need to know now is an late 80s ranger have the same channel in it as the town car or what other models of car have that channel cause one way or another were getting new channel dammit and. Will see too it myself. So if anyone can go to a junkyad and loom at some cas I really thi k a ranger has that kind of channel

Comment

Ranger window channels are very similar. And did they actually have the window channel in stock or just shooting you a price?
                              ~David~

Comment

Yeah that had it but wouldn't budge in price. If the ranger window channel is very close I can get a load of that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X