Problem with Opening Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Opening Door

My drivers side door gives me a hard time when I want to enter it. It is not like anything is sticking or jammed but it does not pop out a bit to assist be in swinging the door open. It seems as if the latches (that hug the door striker) are not assisting me in opening the door while I lift my door handle and pull it away from the car.

Could this be a problem with some of the springs inside the latch mechanism?
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Does the door seem to shut okay? I would try spraying some WD-40 or some other kind of lubricant inside the latch to see if that helps

Comment

Door shuts like warm butter. I dont have to try and get it to close at all.
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Okay, problem solved. When I installed the new door striker I must have made the door close easier (meaning the weatherstripping was not as smooshed as it used to be when the old striker was installed) because I did adjust the door to close out a bit more than it was before to line the body gaps up. So all I did to resolve the problem was adjust the metal channel the body to door weatherstripping sits on to seal tighter against the door. So now when I go to open the door the smooshed weatherstripping pops the door out just enough as to where I don't have to really pull on the door handle to open the door...if any of this even makes sense.
        ~David~

Comment

Yay!

Comment

Working...
          X