Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone paint their white speedo needle orange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone paint their white speedo needle orange?

Anyone have any pics of it. I don't quite know if I want to paint my white needle orange or not.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

here's one, it doesn't really look all that bad. Its not mine, I just pulled this from the newbie forum lol
    Attached Files
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

I like the white, but fitting one of those light refracting ones to it would be cool, so it looked like it lit up.
      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

some of them came with orange needles. Seems to depend on the year of the cluster, though I don't recall the breakdown.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

So because I am an idiot I forgot my car has an orange needle, and so does the new speedo.

"Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I seem to remember my '90 Vic having an orange speedometer that "lit up" with the dash lights.

Comment

Okay I should have been more clear. All of those ones pictured were originally orange to begin with.

I think what I am looking for is the white and teal faced speedos with an orange needle painted. (Because all white and teal faced speedos had a white needle)
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

88+ got an orange needle. 88-89 you can swap your needle onto your 87 down one. Just gotta make sure you get the needle in the same place and you don't bend it. It's pretty weak metal and will bend easily. Same if you were to take it off and paint it.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                  88+ got an orange needle. 88-89 you can swap your needle onto your 87 down one. Just gotta make sure you get the needle in the same place and you don't bend it. It's pretty weak metal and will bend easily. Same if you were to take it off and paint it.
                  I would paint attached. Just slip some paper underneath it and lightly coat the needle with some orange paint.
                  ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                    I would paint attached. Just slip some paper underneath it and lightly coat the needle with some orange paint.
                    Ok, no problem then...
                    The gas gauge is that white color too right? I wouldn't mess with that though, they're touchy when people screw around with the needle at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                      Ok, no problem then...
                      The gas gauge is that white color too right? I wouldn't mess with that though, they're touchy when people screw around with the needle at all.
                      no, orange. And yeah...they are real flimsy.
                      ~David~

Comment

I painted mine when I redid the odometer gears... Used some flourescent orange paint that was from a hobby shop... it is a little darker lit up at night, but it looks like new again, not all faded out... There is some pictures on the odometer thread I did a while ago... I'll try to find it and post a link...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
                        Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
                          Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

I used orange permanent marker and touched it up. I think it looks rather snazzy.
                            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
                              I used orange permanent marker and touched it up. I think it looks rather snazzy.
                              Was your needle white originally?
                              ~David~

Comment

Working...
                              X