No announcement yet.

painting my 97 GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

his is in fantastic shape and i dont have the same front wheels it looks like. but VERY similar! oddly enough i had that system bought off ebay but it rusted out awhile ago. I'd love that over mine in its current condition!!

Comment

also i do not have limited slip nor have i ever put a dvd player in it lol.. thats kinda stupid.

+i use a autometer tach no type R rofl

Comment

Upgrade to my painting scenario

#1 the clear coat just from light hand sanding on the entire front of the car just literally flaked off. PISSED!

#2 spot of rust i had i sanded and filled with bondo for now till i can cut it and fix it (if i ever need to)

#3 some front parts are cracked and i had to epoxy then and trust me not easy spots i was cursing alot.

#4 somehow have sprung some sort of magical leak in the back seats and somehow NOTHING ELSE IS WET but the floor so im finding it absolutely impossible to figure it out before i die of black mold spores.

#5 do old people cars smell old forever?

#6 filling in the bumper moldings takes more work than i'd ever had though.

#7 i need to replace every rusty bolt that's in the motor compartment since two years ago when i parked it they were all new now they suck = OMFG IM GONNA SHOOT MY F'IN SELF!

#8 found a 9 inch rear end with a nice 4 spider carrier with track lock wondering if its gonna fit now.

beer has been able to calm me enough to type this and to just sigh with every number i typed
        Last edited by marquisman123; 03-16-2010, 11:02 PM. Reason: sign* not sign :)

Comment

#4 Check the rear section of floor underneath the car for weak metal or holes.
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I dont understand how though if i havnt driven in rain. There was and i kid you not a massive lake of water in BOTH back floor sections. MOSTLY driverside. i looked underneath but only seen golden paint. ill just scuff and epoxy it next time at my shop i get a chance to put her up in the air. and cross my fingers

Comment

and also no holes it was just golden GMQ paint no rust.

oh and #9 the front bumper support bolt that holds the aluminum B.S was SMASH and tore the port it was in. no fricken clue how in gods name that happened. never notice it before and its a pretty damn noticeable part. ( drivers side )

Comment

Working...
              X