Best source for bumpers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best source for bumpers?

Anyone making bumpers, or must they be found in junkyards?
    Awesome Electronic Cigarettes
    Stable: 2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7 4x4
    1990 Dodge Power Ram W150 4x4
    1984 Grand Marquis Two Door Lowrider
    1983 Crown Victoria Two Door

I don't think they're being reproed. Best bet is to find something unbent and drop 2-500 on rechroming. Occasionally rechromed pieces come up on ebay or on here.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Oh, is that the story with those Box Vic bumpers that show up on evilBay from time to time? Though come to think of it, it would seem odd to think they're being reproduced, since you can't buy reproductions of anything else that's Box-Vic-specific.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

ya, if you cant rechrome your bumpers, you need to serch for good used ones.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

sometimes they show up on ebay
          i found a new front bumper for toms vic, but was unable to find a new rear bumper

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

bumperboys.com will rechrome them, but I think they quoted me like 600 bucks per bumper to do it.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yikes... I'll check with the yards around me before doing that.

Comment

I got my replacement front bumper on ebay for $99 + shipping. I haven't been able to find a rear one yet either. The one I bought looks good and was cheaper than having my current one redipped.
                sigpic
                1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
                Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Can always consider paint if your chrome is trashed and you can't afford anything else. But, there's probably no need to do that on something other than a '79-'80 slotted front bumper or a slick rear bumper like came with my '81.

I remember reading an article about some custom-paint guy called Junior who would actually bring bumpers back to his shop for sanding after the copper layer went on. If he cut through the copper, he'd just send it back for more copper and keep on smoothing.
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

As much as I'd love to have the cheaper option of just painting them, I'm not sure it'd match the look I'm going for on the car. Gotta be chrome, unfortunately. I don't think the ones I've got are beyond repair, or even all that bad. We'll have to see.

Comment

my townie bumpers are aluminum......cant rechrome them......the rear is rotting from the inside out

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        bumperboys.com will rechrome them, but I think they quoted me like 600 bucks per bumper to do it.
                        Stay FAR AWAY from those clowns.
                        sigpic
                        1988 Grand Marquis LS (White Lightning), 2003 Mercury Marauder (SOLD),1979 Mercury Cougar XR-7
                        http://landyachts.homestead.com/page5.html,1951 Merc on a '88 Lincoln Town Car Chassis:http://landyachts.homestead.com/index.html

Comment

I wasnt planning to pay that much. Any suggested alternatives? I'm not having much luck finding truly good bumpers, so I might have to break down and have a set dipped.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Just keep checking eBay, I've seen them often enough. Sooner or later you should luck out.
                            sigpic
                            1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
                            Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Working...
                            X