Floor pans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floor pans

So i have 2 holes right about my cats in my floor boards driver and passenger sides.... its right where the firewall and floor meet actually....i have no access to good welders, and several have suggested I patch it using sheet metal and a type of epoxy....
    Any suggestions on this? I have most of my interior out ATM so i'd like to do something about it very soon. I have pictures if needed
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Pics would be good, we patched a hole in the olds with MAR-GLASS, but we are talking about a dime sized hole.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

this is about the size of 1 to two dollar bills...at least the total area i will be cutting out...ill find some pictures to post
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Are we talking two one dollar bills, or one two dollar bill? This is crucial.

Comment

Heres a far away for perspective (passenger)...

Closeup of other side...(drivers)

Cleaned the surface rust up a bit....(passenger)

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
          Are we talking two one dollar bills, or one two dollar bill? This is crucial.
          one dollar bills, sorry i should have made myself clearer.
          Attached Files
          -Phil

sigpic

Comment

thats ugly. Might want to find where the water is coming from so it doesn't rot out again. If thats only passenger side rust, be looking at dead heater cores and seal or drain issues with the fresh air intake thats right there at the back edge of the hood on the passenger side. Theres a little drain tube in there that clogs, and it will make it leak water inside the car. I forget where it is exactly, but if you run a hose in there, you'll probably find it.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

its from the cat....it has a hole in the top and literally injects water into the floor board.... i intend to wrap it in exhaust tape/wrap and hope that does it.... been there for years...just ignored it until now, both the drivers side and passeneger sides...
              -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X