Window Weatherstripping Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window Weatherstripping Replacement

I just got weatherstripping for my drivers side window as mine was all dry-rotted and falling apart and pieces missing. Thank god i went to Valenti's Scrap Yard In time as it was the only junkyard that had a 2 door 1985 Crown Vic with pivot vent windows. As it would be hard to find another two door if they crushed it.

How would i install the new weatherstripping.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

You roll down the window and get a small screw driver and pry a piece of the weather stripping down then pull it out. Then to put the new stuff in you press it in to the channel the old weather stripping came out of. You will probly have to start the ends that slide down in the doors first to make it easyer.

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
    351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
    duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

dont know if this will help you or not

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ripping&page=6
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Working...
      X