Drip guards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drip guards

Does anyone have pics of what the aluminum drip guards are supposed to look like? They are above and around the doors.

I recently saw a "mint" 87 Lincoln Town Car at a car show in Eisenhower Park (Nassau County), LI, NY. And it too looked like the drip guards were pushed into that lip space. Everything else on this car w/ original paint was just pure hot-tub time travel rad-ness.

The dude with car was babysitting this car, and I'm not sure if anyone on the board has the car so I'll reserve some special comments. He kept repeating that "the car came like this from the factory" like the four times when I had questions about it. I didn't want to start an argument when his car had #tag on it for this cancer fund-raising event, when I wanted to say "C'mon guy, your drip guards are pushed in!"

I mean if the car has defects just be cool and joke about it.
    sigpic
    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
    302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
    COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Many of them do just push up into the channels.

Comment

Yeah the stainless ones just use clips in the window channel recess and the drip guard is held in place by those clips along with the window channel molding.

See:

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      Monday while I was at scotts, my brand new rain guards arrived at my house. Its in real good condition, i just need to polish i up a tad for it to be gorgeous. It will go on the car once the car is painted.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Holy shit, where the hell did you find those things?! Gotta be worth their weight in gold to tudor owners!

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
          Holy shit, where the hell did you find those things?! Gotta be worth their weight in gold to tudor owners!
          You have short term memory: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showpost...&postcount=241

But ebay had them for me
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I ate a lot of lead paint as a child, while simultaneously sustaining several head injuries.

Comment

I've had them jammed in the channel since I got them and they didn't come with clips. Just held in by friction - You can pull them out if you try and once a month I might see one of them down a few millimeters, so I just nudge it back up a little bit.

edit: been through car washes several times with no issues. i rolled through the big air-jet dryer very slow to try to get it to blow the guards out of the channels. no dice.
              Last edited by 1990LTD; 04-26-2010, 03:43 PM.
              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                I ate a lot of lead paint as a child, while simultaneously sustaining several head injuries.

Pete
                For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

87gtvic, Can you take pics of the chrome drip railing attached to the roof?
                  I want to see the spacing between the lip and the gutter/indent on the roof behind the chrome drip railing.

I have a feeling, from what I remember, the drip railing looked "wrong" to most and they pushed it in to make it look like reveal trim rather than a pathway for rain.

In my car, the railing is pushed in, so when rain beads off the roof, it rolls right over the drip rail and into the cab (on to the lock switch no less).
                  sigpic
                  302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")

Comment

My apologies I completely misunderstood your original post. So you are talking about the STOCK piece that travels above the door on the body of the car.....okay well that piece is not installed on my car. In fact no trim is installed on my car..Car is getting ready for paint.
                    ~David~

Comment

Here are some closeups of the the drip rail, that actually enables water to drip into the passenger window when open.

1) See where moulding is ary - looks misaligned though with the space.
                      2) Continuation of same piece, 'pressed in' near corner. This how I purchased the car 16 years ago.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by BigMikeIT; 05-02-2010, 08:01 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X