Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to remove burnt rubber off car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to remove burnt rubber off car?

Lit er up today and my whole exhaust tips are coated in burnt rubber, i managed to get it all off my fenders but what about stainless steel .. any suggestions?
    79 Grand Marquis

Lestoil... works wonders. Got rail dust off my paint (don't ask me how it got there, oh wait that was when I ran the brake pads down to the medal and scraped the rotors to shit). I would try that and rubbing alcohol. Just use lestoil straight, it wont hurt anything. We use it to take the rubber roller marks off our boats.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Soak with bug and tar remover, and rub with a nylon netted sponge. WD-40 may work also.

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
      Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
      Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
      NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

Comment

just go to the do it yourself car wash and use the brush and high pressure wand, it comes right off

if not, then bug and tar remover

Comment

stuff that i know removes all soorts of things
          adhesive remover
          gasoline
          lighterfluid
          brakeparts cleaner
          aircraft stripper

also in conjucntion with fine steel wool
          a green scrubby pad
          a piece of floor scrubbing pad
          1000 grit or higher sandpaper
          wire wheel for a drill
          dremel with fine sanding roll
          hmm thats all i can think of for now
          89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

I always just brush it off with my hand, but I have heard old timers say if its stuck wd-40 will bring it off.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
            Big plans

Comment

I tried a pressure washer and steel wool, got it off my bumpers but its still on my stainless tips. I'm going to try gas and then if that fails ,lestoil. Thanks guys.
              79 Grand Marquis

Comment

For the stainless exhaust, use Eagle One's product called Never-Dull. It will work great.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic View Post
                  For the stainless exhaust, use Eagle One's product called Never-Dull. It will work great.
                  Never-Dull FTW! I completely forgot about this stuff and I use it all the time.
                  "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                  1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Working...
                  X