My New Valve Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New Valve Covers

Makes my engine nice looking and dressed up. couldn't beat the price. It was either $32 For regular original ford valve cover not chromed or $5 extra for chrome ones. So for $38 a pair wasn't bad. Very Pleased. I polish them once a day to prevent rust.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

They look good... but don't run that thing in the winter because they will rust out very easily. Chrome valve covers always look like shit after a while on a DD, but if you are willing to take care of them they should be fine. I like them.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
      They look good... but don't run that thing in the winter because they will rust out very easily. Chrome valve covers always look like shit after a while on a DD, but if you are willing to take care of them they should be fine. I like them.
      LOL - yeah, I was going to say, enjoy them now before they start to pit and rust!

Actually, there was a discussion a while back about keeping steel wheels looking nice by running a rag with dirty oil over them from time to time. If proactively instituted, perhaps this approach could work with underhood parts as well?
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Almost nothing under my hood is rusted after 3 winters.... however they are all coated in oil so it doesn't really matter because you can't see anything. The block and intakes are all nice. I have seen chrome valve covers last... just on cars that never move. Oiling it won't hurt them. I would oil them before winter and leave it on there for the season.
        "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post

why not run the car in the winter.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
          -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Underhood salt spray => rusted chrome

That's why my chrome air cleaners and valvecovers all look gross. :p
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

first.. winters ruin cars, but it is really up to you, if you can keep it oiled and from rusting then it is your choice. Chrome valve covers won't handle the winter too well though if a lot of shit gets thrown up under there is all.
              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Working...
              X