No announcement yet.

Cleaning the engine bay.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't if you have the means to do so it would help clean the grease.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I never cover my dizzy or my alt and I have never had a problem. I need to redo mine. The wires also drive me crazy, I cant wait to start on a wire tuck to get rid of that mess. My buddy and I always joke around that it was a rule at ford in the 80's and 90's that they had to use as much wire as possible and route them in the worst places.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
      Big plans

Comment

It looks great. Nice work.
        Grant
        2000 Grand Marquis 145,000 mi.
        No mods

Comment

My engine bay is extremely dirty. The car gets 100 miles daily sometimes through all weather.

I really should clean it...sooner or later...

sigpic
          - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I used to wash my 351 every time I washed the car.

By the way. I washed the truck's engine the other night, and I was thinking of this thread.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

i used CD2 its made by turtle wax it works very good!!! after i gave the engine a good cleaning with GUNK foamy engine cleaner, a nice spray with water let it dry off and cool down

And the CD2 was the topping i was really surprised by the results

Comment

I guess theoretically a wet alternator isn't a problem: as long as you let it fully dry out before running again?

Like dropping your cell phone in water: open it up, let it dry out for hours maybe in a bag of rice as a desiccant, and only turn it on the next day.

Of course, a plastic bag, or simple removal, is so easy, why worry about letting it dry out....

Comment

Working...
                X