cop wheel covers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cop wheel covers?

do they actually have a name? they're not full wheel covers, looks like they just cover an area larger than the bolt circle, but not the entire wheel.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Dog dish.

Comment

example
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

dog dish! that's the ticket.

what do i need to know when looking for a set for my car? not sure if they'll fit or not
        sigpic

Comment

I noticed you're in Nova Scotia. FYI, there's an old RCMP Crown Vic (1990-1991) beside a garage in Noel, on highway 215. The car has three dog dish hub caps (fourth may be in the trunk?). Car is pretty rough, but the guy may sell you some parts, and/or the whole car. Worth a look see perhapse.
          sigpic

Comment

cool, thanks. noel is a few hours away, i will check it out next time i'm down that way. i don't imagine it'll be going anywhere haha
            sigpic

Comment

I doubt it.
              sigpic

Comment

thanks man.

how do these mount to the wheel?
                sigpic

Comment

you need the steel wheels that have the nubs that hold the dish on. the nubs are on the center crease of the rim.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

ah. I have no idea if I have them or not. Will take a gander when I head out this evening. Center crease, you say? how many nubs should there be?
                    sigpic

Comment

3 or 4 i think. if you dont see bumps on the face of the rim, you dont have the right wheels. chances are, if your vic came with hub caps, you dont have the nubs. they will jus be smooth.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Regular steelies.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                          Regular steelies.
                          You won't be able to run Dog Dishes then. You'll have to find the cop steelies with the nubs on them.

Comment

I took these of my 91CV two weeks ago.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mcninetyone View Post
                              I took these of my 91CV two weeks ago.

I love those. Do they require the same 'nubs' to mount like the cop dog dishes?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X