stainless steel lower trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stainless steel lower trim

did any cars come with the stainless trim along the bottom of the car WITHOUT those "ditch" lights in either the fender or rear 1/4? i don't have the lights but want to install the trim once i find it.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

i should add that i have absolutely no desire to install the lights. if the trim only came on cars with the lights, i can just black out the area where they'd be.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I am not sire what you are talking about. Do you have a picture to reference what you mean?
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I don't know if it's actually stainless but I've seen it called that.

this car has it (among some other very unfortunate things)

this car doesnt

the stuff that's covering up the bottom of sides of the car
        sigpic

Comment

Ahh. Normal civilian CV's had this up to 91, whereas GMQ's had this up to 87. Those rockers never covered anything in front of the front wheel wells or in the rear of the rear wheel wells. Only between the front and rear wheel wells. Ditch lights make no difference as the trim never reached them.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

cool. thanks!

i could swear i've seen them covering the entire length of the car..could have been homemade.
            sigpic

Comment

Anything is possible, though I never seen it.
              ~David~

Comment

it was like the stuff on some town cars.

I actually think I remember what car I saw it on..a 91 in the same color as mine. I've only seen it in the parking lot at a grocery store a few times. Gonna snap a pic with my shitty cell phone camera next time
                sigpic

Comment

I do believe that only Towncars got the lower trim that extends onto the front part of the fender, around the ditch lights.

FYI: Only Towncars got Stainless Steel lower trim, the 79-91 LTD's and Marquis' all got cheap Anodized Aluminum trim all over the car unfortunately.

Comment

The 89's goes behind the rear wheel wells...
                    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Oops I forgot...mine do as well. I guess I meant that no lights were behind the rear wheel wells.
                      ~David~

Comment

how does the stuff affix to the car? how do i pull it off of the donor car?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                          how does the stuff affix to the car? how do i pull it off of the donor car?
                          A bunch of big plastic clips and screws. Alot of holes to drill into your car...

Comment

that looks slick as shit. i'd love that stuff on my car, and no ditch lights on yours eitheR! awesome.
                            sigpic

Comment

What's wrong with the ditch lights? I love mine.
                              There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                              91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                              93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                              Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                              Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                              95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Working...
                              X